Membership has its privileges: you will receive our newsletter, be able to post reviews and classifieds.
If you're a business owner, click here for more information, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you'd like information about placing your banner ad on this site, send us an email at email@example.com.
"Sounds like a great cause but disappointing and discriminatory that foreigner..."
"A charity event and you’re being racist by charging double entrance price for..."
"Nothing like this is Saigon (except perhaps Q4 and CARGO Bar), Saigon Outcast..."
"This is going to be a cracking show. The Dodos are ace and Saigon Outcast off..."
"Recently received unsolicited email spam from a Blue Cross Vietnam Account Ex..."
"I have been working for EIV for the last 3 months and it has been a really go..."
"toppings are ok if a little light on non cheese content, but bases are too th..."
"I have been living in vietam a year now this will be my first TET HOLIDAY her..."
"Very nice and warm welcome from the owner, wife and daughter... Food is good,..."
"warmly, fresh and amazing is all of my feeling when i came here at the first ..."
We’re here to announce a change in our policy relating to private teacher ads. They will once again be welcome in the Classifieds section. To help keep things tidy, we’ve added a new primary category to the Classifieds called “Lessons”. Within this primary category, you’ll find many subcategories to suit the various types of ads the site typically sees posted. Like all Classified ads, only one ad per week is permitted.
Those wishing to retain a Spot page on TNH or create one are welcome to do so. In fact, it is still actively encouraged as a way to deal with the many issues that originally led to teacher ads being scrapped in the Classifieds. Students seeking out teachers like several things about Spot pages over a Classified ad:
1) There is far more transparency about who the teacher is. Put yourself in the position of a parent who is considering hiring a teacher. A classified ad can appear pretty sketchy. They’d much rather know your name (to cross check on other sites), see if others have used your services (and reviewed you), and have a chance to review you themselves.
2) A permanent presence gives them a place to link to from other sites. There are hundreds of other Vietnamese websites where parenting, education, and life skills are actively discussed. English instruction is a popular topic, and if you are particularly good (or bad), you’re going to get discussed there. If they only have a Classified ad that might be up for a month to link to in those discussions, then there are going to be a lot of dead links in those threads. Give them a longer lasting destination to link to.
3) Manage your Spot effectively. With a Spot page, you can provide updated information and photos that give your presence in Hanoi the feel of someone who is doing more than just passing through looking for beer money. Separate yourself from the sorts of teachers who that does correctly characterize by being active in the management of your page. TNH offers all language teachers trial Upgrades to even further enhance their presence. These upgrades can get your teaching Offers appearing next to all the other tutors advertising in the Classifieds and give you a competitive advantage. If you’re interested in such a free trial, contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
One last note: please use the new section responsibly and with respect for your fellow ad posters. Please only post in the Classifieds with a single account and make sure your ad is in the correct category. If you have a Spot page, include a link to it in your ad. Help students learn more about you by making full use of the tools TNH provides you.
If you have any questions or feedback, please send it to email@example.com.
Greetings, all. We’ve made some changes to the Classifieds section that we hope will make your lives easier and make the site easier to moderate.
1) Users can now make one ad per week in any given sub-category. Previously, we limited users to two total ads per fortnight. This was done to limit the amount of over-posting (deleting and reposting of ads) and the number of duplicates. Both issues greatly annoyed site users and led to the section being less usable.
The new limits mean that many different kinds of ads can be posted at any one time with any given account, but with a limit of one per sub-category per week. If you have changes you need to make to an ad, edit that ad instead of deleting and attempting to repost. You’ll only be able to repost after one week in that sub-category.
Do not try to repost your ad in a different category to get extra exposure. Incorrectly categorized ads will be removed and repeat attempts to circumvent posting restrictions may result in your account being shut down.
If you have mistakenly deleted your ad before becoming aware of this policy, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can reinstate your ad for you to edit.
2) We’ve redefined what will constitute prohibited business activity in the Classifieds section. The Classifieds section is the most heavily used section of the site. It is used by a broad range of the community and it has proven to be a very effective resource. Part of what makes it effective, unlike many other classifieds site serving Vietnam, has been that we’ve diligently kept businesses and business activity out of it. Our volunteer moderators have gone to great pains to prevent both obviously well-established business from posting there, as well as more informal sorts of profiteering.
For reasons that involve both the nature of the ads being posted and the difficulty that our moderators face, we are now changing this approach a bit. Ads from any business that posts in the section will still be removed, but ads that involve private individuals will remain even if they involve obvious profiteering. The established standard will be that any ad that can be tied to an outside business presence (a shop/office, a commercial website, a commercial Facebook page, or a TNH Spot) will be considered a business and prohibited. Others may post, and, as always, caveat emptor.
If we find that this loosening of the business activity definition results in the section being overrun with spammers and scammers, expect the reins to tighten once again. For those with legitimate users of the site at heart, use it in a way that respects your fellow site users and notify us if you seen anything amiss by flagging suspect ads.
Feedback is welcome at email@example.com.
As you’ve probably noticed we’ve changed our URL to http://tnhvietnam.xemzi.com. We’ve also added a regional sub-site for Central Vietnam. At the same time we’ve changed our front page layout so that you can get a better overview of what’s happening on the site.
Apart from the cosmetic changes we’ve rewritten a large part of the site code that handles URLs, so if you see any problems with missing pages (or any other technical problems related to these changes) please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org