Membership has its privileges: you will receive our newsletter, be able to post reviews and classifieds.
Directions: Just off of the north end of Xuan Dieu on To Ngoc Van StreetPhone: +84 4 32432120
Oh its a sad sad day.... This place used to be heaven for chocolate lovers, but now it smells of mould and feels damp. Its empty and creepy, full of the ghosts of chocolate addicts past.
So the only solution, as the previous reviewer said, is to take-away.
Alas, even the cakes just dont taste quite the same anymore. I guess if they are not so busy they are perhaps not as fresh? or they are scrimping on ingredients and the quality is dropping.
If I had never been here before and enjoyed it in its glory, perhaps I wouldnt have felt quite so disappointed. But I have a dark feeling the Love Chocolate Cafe's days are numbered.
Warm chocolate cake is great, as is every drink I have ever had on the menu, though they are very very rich, and they have, more than once, made me very ill (this is my fault, though, not theirs... just be aware if you don't react well to very rich foods). I particularly like their marble cake... it's not your average chocolate cake experience, and much lighter than the other dishes on the menu. A nice touch is the sampler they give you... very sweet, and very clever marketing, too!
Yeah, everyone gives it 5 stars, and it is awesome. Sorry, I give it 3... why? Well...
1. The comfort factor: I can understand the chic decor, even if the colour makes me want to puke, but whilst funky chairs are a nifty idea, finding a comfortable one if there's more than a few people in here can be really difficult, which makes a difference when you consider point 2...
2. The time factor: I can certainly appreciate that good things take time, but 45 mins for a pot of tea and cookies when you're the only one there... that's going a bit far. Waiting time is always an issue here. If you are coming, allow a reasonable waiting period, even if you are the only one in the cafe. Generally you will need it.
3. If you like to actually see what you are eating, bring a torch. Ok, so 'mood lighting' can be nice, but sitting anywhere but by the front window means being in the dark, and it makes me feel like I am trapped in a closet rather than enjoying the culinary experience.
4. Beware. The menu does not include 'service charge'. Is this tax, or just a nice way to make you fork out more?
5. Please please, why are they not open on a Sunday? The fact they are closed on this most reverent of chocolate consuming days perplexes me.
These things are quite minor, though, and the place is very good, so please go there. I am sure you will enjoy the experience! :o)
I was there once. Nice decor but too product does not match the price. Not sure if I will want to go again.
My wife and I were looking at apartments in the area and the last one we looked at was next door to the Love Chocolate Cafe. Since my wife is 7 months pregnant, I wanted her to sit down and relax for a while, so I thought a chocolate treat would be good.
The good: the seating is very comfortable and the design is unique. It's a place I could sit down for a while if they had WiFi. Regardless, it's an enjoyable atmosphere, especially with the pictures that have different chocolate quotes.
The bad: the price does not justify the product. I expected extraordinary but all we got was average. The banana chocolate bread was OK but the mint java was gross (no mint flavor whatsoever). My wife's ice tea hit the spot, but was (again) just average.
Conclusion: Love Chocolate Cafe is an OK place to visit if you're in the area, but I wouldn't make a special trip to get here. I see us returning if we move to the area, but only if we move to the area.
We randomly walked into the shop and were very happy with it.Everyone likes a sweet treat once and a while but I like it all the time, this shop becomes my Chocolate daily/weekly stop.Best chocolate in the neighborhood! They always have interesting decorations/special.n any case. If you're in the area (or even if you're not ) do yourself a favor and check this place out
If you are the owner of this business please send us a message to claim ownership of this page. You will then be able to edit your contact information, reply to reviews, and do many other cool things.
If you like Love Chocolate Cafe...
No group events have been hosted here